30th, 31stMay & 1st June 2018
Location: The School of Positive Psychology
Mindful Me For Teens
Being a teen can be really stressful! Common symptoms of stress that many teens face include problems with concentration at school, feeling nervous in social settings due to heightened self-consciousness, i.e, social anxiety, feeling tired or overwhelmed. Experiencing negative thoughts, procrastinating or neglecting responsibilities and changes in sleeping habits or eating habits.
Highly recommended for teens going through turbulent times. Takeaway 20 really useful ⚡️Mindfulness Techniques and Highly practical activities from The Positive Psychology Toolkit.⚡️
Youth Empowerment, Resilience and Mental Fortitude is here!
Mindfulness is a powerful way to handle stress. The mind and body are closely connected, and stress can affect the mind and body negatively.
Benefits of mindfulness in education
- Increases ability to pay attention, self- control, self-care, optimism, social-emotional skills
- Decreases anxiety, stress, & fatigue
- Increases well-being, efficacy, positive emotions, self-compassion, & teaching skills
- Decreases burnout, stress, depression, negative emotions, & anxiety (Flook et al., 2013; Jennings et al., 2013; Kemeny et al., 2012; Meiklejohn et al., 2012; Schonert-Reichl & Lawlor, 2010)
Students will takeaway 20 mindful techniques covering Mindful Seeing, Mindful movement, Mindful listening, and Mindful Breathing and Mindful communication that will help them daily with
- Focused attention
- Reframing negative judgments
- Social-emotional skills
- Manage Anxiety, stress, & fatigue.
Participants will receive: **Exclusive Mindfulness Toolbox:
- Mindful sounds: Audio support MP3 (for home practice)
- Exclusive Proprietary materials developed exclusively by Positive Focus *Not for sale
- Mindfulness workbook including Activities from Positive Psychology Toolkit designed to help teens and young adults.
Joyful June School Holidays Promo! Get a Free Goodie Bag for every sign up! (Sibling/Buddy Special ($50 Savings) and Trinity Special ($70 Savings) available till 31st May, 2018, 12 a.m. Midnight only!!!)
Each participant will receive-
1) Brand New Yoga Mat
2) Dining Voucher- 20% Savings at Spices Cafe@ Concorde Hotel
3) $50 Voucher for Piano recital Trial Class with Buchand Quek, One of the leading piano teachers and Singapore scholar@The Piano School: Bring out the best in Your Musical Development. Students can be in touch with the prestige of Classical music and culture. Learn some tips on how to play the piano better and get a plan for your musical journey. Applicable For ALL age groups! (U.P: $65).
**Parents and caregivers can join in at 1/3 of fees.
Positive Feedback from Mindful Teens:
🌟“I have learnt a lot about ways to calm myself, to have better psychological health, and to have positive thinking.”
⭐️“It really helped improved my temperament, and helped me emotionally. It has changed my thinking and I learn many new things.”
⭐️“I have acquired strategies & tools on mindfulness which heightens my sense of awareness of the surrounding.”
⭐️“Strategies to ‘reset’ the mind was a big takeaway.”
🌟“Fully appreciate the tools and resources given.”
🌟“The Mindfulness practices are good & helpful. Very practical.”
Program brochure available upon request:
P: 6884 5161
Register Now or Contact Us