27, 28 May 2017
9am - 5pm
Location: The School of Positive Psychology
MINDFULNESS - non-judgmental awareness of curiosity about, and acceptance of one’s present moment experience – is becoming an increasingly popular approach to holistic health, wellness, and thriving for individuals and institution
A growing body of scientific research suggests that cultivating mindfulness can robustly enhance cognitive, emotional, physical, spiritual, and social well being.
During this 2-day workshop, you will equip yourself with both theoretical and experiential understanding of mindfulness psychology. Grounded in the assumption that effective mindfulness facilitation requires maintaining a personal mindfulness practice, this workshop will emphasize hands-on learning of mindfulness techniques so that you can authentically guide yourself and others on a long-term path of mindfulness.
IN THIS COURSE, YOU WILL:
- Learn about the history, branches, and present state of mindfulness psychology
- Debunk myths and misconceptions about mindfulness Practice effectively communicating the benefits of mindfulness
- Explore the relationship between mindfulness and (positive) psychology
- Experience a variety of both formal and informal mindfulness practices
- Explore how to start, sustain, and deepen mindfulness practices (and how to coach others to do this)
- Learn how to overcome the most common barriers to mindfulness
- Consider how to apply mindfulness, for yourself and with others
- Practice specific exercises and techniques to lead mindful experiences with others, including how to lead a guided meditation
- Develop and receive tools and resources to help you build your skills in applying mindfulness with yourself and with others.
Investment: S$ 2,000
Register Now or Contact Us