13 & 14 October 2018
9am - 5pm
Location: The School of Positive Psychology
MINDFULNESS - non-judgmental awareness of curiosity about, and acceptance of one’s present moment experience – is becoming an increasingly popular approach to holistic health, wellness, and thriving for individuals and institution.
A growing body of scientific research suggests that cultivating mindfulness can robustly enhance cognitive, emotional, physical, spiritual, and social well being.
During this 2-day workshop, you will equip yourself with both theoretical and experiential understanding of mindfulness psychology. Grounded in the assumption that effective mindfulness facilitation requires maintaining a personal mindfulness practice, this workshop will emphasize hands-on learning of mindfulness techniques so that you can authentically guide yourself and others on a long-term path of mindfulness.
In this workshop, you will:
- Learn about the history, branches, and present state of mindfulness psychology
- Debunk myths & misconceptions of mindfulness practice
- Effectively communicating the benefits of mindfulness
- Applications of mindful interventions & practices with scientific evidence
- Practice and learning of specific mindfulness techniques
- Understanding and working with ‘inquiry’ and ‘barriers’ during mindfulness practice
- Assessing relevance and style of mindfulness for different clients
- Considerations for setting up personal and professional mindfulness practice
- Develop and sharing tools and resources for personal and professional practice
Date:13 & 14 October 2018
Time: 9AM - 5PM
Fee: S$ 2289.80 w/GST
Venue: The School of Positive Psychology
Deborah Thurley | Trainer
Deborah is one of our graduates currently working towards her Masters of Applied Positive Psychology (MAPP). Originally from a corporate background in London, she is a qualified meditation and mindfulness trainer and lecturer with many years of teaching and mentoring experience, offering mindfulness workshops
and tailored mindfulness programs to organizations, institutions and schools. As a mother of three teenagers, mindfulness, medita- tion and yoga have been the bedrock for her psychological, emotional and physical wellbeing and help keep her centred, balanced and calm. She integrates mindfulness with positive psychology and is passionate about sharing and teaching what she has learned for herself - how to create a life of great value, a life filled with love, happiness, peace, joy and appreciation. Deborah is an engaging, experienced instructor and her teaching style is clear and concise. She lives, works and celebrates in Singapore.
For more information:
T: 6884 5161
Register Now or Contact Us