Individuals who deal with anxiety usually have recurring intrusive thoughts or concerns, which overlap with the obsessive need for perfection!
Some may not even realise that the anxiety they experience stems from their fear and worry about achieving perfection.
Likewise, feelings of anxiety can also lead to obsessive scrutiny, which develops into an overly perfectionist streak. In fact, this persistent urge to satisfy these internal ideals may result in worries from different periods of their lives that resurface.
In this talk, Stephen Lew will take you through the relationship between anxiety and perfectionism from a psychotherapy perspective.
At this Psychotherapy talk, learn more about:
- The different types of anxiety
- What is perfectionism and how does it manifest
- The relationship between anxiety and perfectionism
The talk will be followed by the Course Preview of Psychotherapy programmes.
What is the online course preview about?
This is an opportunity for anyone interested in TSPP’s courses to learn more about the course structure, career pathways and entry requirements. After a presentation by our consultant, attendees will be able to participate in a Q&A session, and learn more about admissions procedures.
15 June 2022, Wed
7.30–8.15pm – Anxiety and Perfectionism: Online Talk + Preview
8.15–8.45pm – Course Preview: Psychotherapy programmes
8.45–9.00pm – Q&A
Online Zoom event: After registration, participants will be sent a link to join the talk and preview
- Certificate in Counselling
- Diploma in Psychotherapy and Counselling
- Diploma in Applied Psychology
- Graduate Diploma in Psychotherapy and Counselling
- Professional Diploma in Psychotherapy
About our Speaker: Stephen Lew
- MSc Applied Positive Psychology
- Founder & Executive Director, The School of Positive Psychology
- Co-founder, Thrive Psychology Clinic and Novosensus
- Positive Psychology Psychotherapist, Clinical Hypnotherapist & Supervisor
- Worked with more than 800 clients in wellbeing development
- ‘Getting Naked with Happiness’ mental wellbeing podcast host
An expert in the field of positive psychology with 19 years of experience in the higher education and training industry, Stephen Lew is a strong believer in giving back to society, Stephen actively volunteers his personal time for community projects – be it giving talks to community and religious groups, or providing pro-bono psychology training to welfare organisations.
In March 2020, Stephen conducted an intervention and training for crisis responders in China, when the COVID-19 pandemic first started. More than 100 counsellors, mental health professionals, and psychologists managing the COVID-19 crisis helpline were trained. Stephen also taught the Chinese crisis responders resilience, and resilience techniques to teach others in China.
We welcome everyone who is interested in psychology, psychotherapy, or helping to bring out the best in others to join us for this preview session. If you would like to know more about Psychotherapy, other programmes or the preview, fill in the registration form below or contact us at email@example.com