INTRODUCTION TO ART THERAPY
CERTIFICATE IN INTRODUCTION TO ART THERAPY
Art Therapy is a human service profession that uses art media, images, art processes and client responses to the created products as reflections of development, abilities, personality, interests, concerns and conflicts. The art therapy practice is based on human developmental and psychological theories for assessment and treatment, which include educational, psychodynamic, cognitive and other therapeutic means of reconciling emotional conflicts, fostering self-awareness, developing social skills, managing behaviour, solving problems, reducing anxiety, aiding reality orientation and increasing self-esteem.
Art therapy encourages self-expression to explore problems using a range of art materials, enabling positive change and personal growth. The intention is not a focus on the artistic skills but in engaging in a creative personal process. Art therapy treatment in children and youth focuses on art expression for self-exploration.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
Upon completion of the programme, students will be able to demonstrate knowledge, comprehension and application of:
- The basics of the art therapy practice.
- Art as a creative and therapeutic medium, through direct individual personal experience
- Apply art therapy on an individual level, to promote self-healing and self-care
Introduction to Art Therapy
In this module we explore the basic understanding of Art Therapy in an introductory level.
Topics explore how art therapy has been defined, how it has evolved over time, how emotions are connected with art, and how to approach art therapy as a modality to enable positive change and personal growth through engaging in a creative personal process.
Student-Teacher Ratio: 1:40
3 months, part time
- Minimum 1 GCE ‘O’ Level credit, or
- A pass for ITE NITEC course in any field, or
- Mature candidates (≥ 30 years old with 8 years work experience)
English language requirement:
- Pass in GCE ‘O’ Level English Language, or
- Pass in any GCE ‘A’ Level subject conducted in English, or
- IELTS 5.5, or
- TOEFL (Internet Based) 59, or
- Pearson PTE Academic 52
SGD 1,674 w/GST
Wondering if this is the right course for you?
Send us an enquiry and our educational consultants will be in touch: