DIPLOMA IN APPLIED PSYCHOLOGY
Applied psychology will be focusing on the use of different psychological methods and scientific principles to solve practical, real world problems pertaining to human behavior and experience. It is practical, realistic and forms the foundation to further specialization in more specific fields like sports, clinical, counselling, industrial, educational psychology.
This course lays the foundation for the theoretical and applied knowledge that gives learners an insight into the dynamics of the human mind and behaviour. The course covers foundational modules for learners to accquire a wide reaching background of psychology that can be applied for use in daily work and play.
The course will be taught in a learning culture where learners, psychologists and practitioners can share and learn from each other. With this commitment and efficient educational space, our learners can be transformed to applied psych-opinionated leaders.
- Foundation Psychology
- Introduction to Positive Psychology
- Developmental Psychology
- Introduction to Psychotherapy and Counselling
- Social Psychology
- Positive Emotions and Thoughts
- Abnormal Psychology
- Addictions and Interventions
12 months, part time (Intakes in Jan, Apr, Jul, Oct)
- Diploma holder from Polytechnic or recognised PEI, or
- 2 GCE ‘A’ Level H2 passes, or
- Certificate in Psychology and/or Counselling from TSPP or other recognised PEI with:
- At least C6 in any GCE ‘O’ level subject conducted in English, or
- ITE NITEC; or
- 30 years old with at least 8 years working experience
- Applicants with minimum 2 years working experience and holding either:
- 5 GCE ‘O’ Level passes with minimum grade of C6, or
- ITE Higher NITEC
ENGLISH LANGUAGE REQUIREMENT
- GCE ‘O’ level minimum C6 in English, or
- Grade E in any GCE ‘A’ level subject conducted in English, or
- TSPP English placement test, or
- IELTS 5.5 or equivalent
SGD 8,560 w/GST
Assignments, role-plays, presentations, discussions, examination
Speak to us and find out!
+65 6884 5161 / 6884 5162 / 6884 5177