PSYCHOLOGY AND POSITIVE PSYCHOLOGY
DIPLOMA IN PSYCHOLOGY AND POSITIVE PSYCHOLOGY
Applied psychology will be focusing on the use of different psychological methods and scientific principles to solve practical, real world problems pertaining to human behavior and experience. It is practical, realistic and forms the foundation to further specialization in more specific fields like sports, clinical, counselling, industrial, educational psychology.
Positive Psychology focuses on the following key elements: positive emotions, positive individual traits, positive relationships and positive institutions. Understanding positive emotions entails the study of contentment with the past, happiness in the present, and hope for the future.
This course lays the foundation for the theoretical and applied knowledge that gives learners an insight into the dynamics of the human mind and behaviour. The course covers foundational modules for learners to acquire a wide reaching background of both psychology and positive psychology that can be applied for use in daily work and play.
The course will be taught in a learning culture where learners, psychologists and practitioners can share and learn from each other. With this commitment and efficient educational space, our learners can be transformed to applied psych-opinionated leaders.
Teacher-Student Ratio: 1:40
- Foundation Psychology (Trainer: Lam Chee Kum)
- Introduction to Positive Psychology (Trainer: Tara Schofield)
- Developmental Psychology (Trainer: Lam Chee Kum)
- Introduction to Psychotherapy and Counselling (Trainer: Laurence Ho)
- Abnormal Psychology (Trainer: Lam Chee Kum)
- Addictions and Interventions(Trainer: Laurence Ho)
- Social Psychology (Trainer: Quek Swee Kim)
- Positive Emotions and Thoughts (Trainer: Ruth Harris)
- Positive Reframing Workshop (Trainer: Leslie Davis)
- Resilience Workshop (Trainer: Tara Schofield)
- Diploma holder from Polytechnic or recognised PEI, or
- 2 GCE ‘A’ Level H2 passes, or
- Certificate in Psychology and/or Counselling from TSPP or other recognised PEI with:
- At least C6 in any GCE ‘O’ level subject conducted in English, or
- ITE NITEC; or
- 30 years old with at least 8 years working experience
- Applicants with minimum 2 years working experience and holding either:
- 5 GCE ‘O’ Level passes with minimum grade of C6, or
- ITE Higher NITEC
ENGLISH LANGUAGE REQUIREMENT
- GCE ‘O’ level English language grade 1 to 6, or
- Grade E in any GCE ‘A’ level subject conducted in English, or
- Pass TSPP English Placement test, or
- IELTS 5.5 or equivalent
- SGD 10,700 w/GST
- SGD 9,630 w/GST