PSYCHOTHERAPY AND COUNSELLING
WHAT IS PSYCHOLOGY?
Psychology is the scientific study of thought, emotion and behaviour. Psychologists examine the various aspects of human experience, such as human emotions, thoughts and actions. They apply their understanding of people in a variety of professions, including clinical, counselling, educational, organisational and academic settings.
Therefore, it is relevant to every aspect of human life in areas such as health, parenthood, education, business, and mental health. The key areas of psychology are developmental, social, cognitive, biological and individual differences.
Teacher-Student Ratio: 1:40
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN?
1. Foundation Psychology (Trainer: Lam Chee Kum)
2. Introduction to Positive Psychology (Trainer: Tara Schofield)
3. Developmental Psychology (Trainer: Lam Chee Kum)
4. Introduction to Psychotherapy and Counselling (Trainer: Laurence Ho)
5. Abnormal Psychology (Trainer: Lam Chee Kum)
6. Addictions and Interventions (Trainer: Laurence Ho)
7. Family and Marital Counselling (Trainer: Laurence Ho)
8. Group Counselling (Trainer: Laurence Ho)
9. Psychotherapy Practice and Ethics (Trainer: Lam Chee Kum)
- 12 months, part-time (Jan, Apr, Jul & Oct intake)
- Diploma holder from Polytechnic or recognised PEI, or
- 2 GCE ‘A’ Level H2 passes, or
- Certificate in Psychology and/or Counselling from TSPP or other recognised PEI with:
- At least C6 in any GCE ‘O’ level subject conducted in English, or
- ITE NITEC; or
- 30 years old with at least 8 years working experience
- Applicants with minimum 2 years working experience and holding either:
- 5 GCE ‘O’ Level passes with minimum grade of C6, or
- ITE Higher NITEC
ENGLISH LANGUAGE REQUIREMENT
- GCE ‘O’ level English language grade 1 to 6, or
- Grade E in any GCE ‘A’ level subject conducted in English, or
- Pass TSPP English Placement test, or
- IELTS 5.5 or equivalent
- SGD 8,560 w/GST