PSYCHOTHERAPY AND COUNSELLING
WHAT IS PSYCHOLOGY?
Psychology is the scientific study of thought, emotion and behaviour. Psychologists examine the various aspects of human experience, such as human emotions, thoughts and actions. They apply their understanding of people in a variety of professions, including clinical, counselling, educational, organisational and academic settings.
Therefore, it is relevant to every aspect of human life in areas such as health, parenthood, education, business, and mental health. The key areas of psychology are developmental, social, cognitive, biological and individual differences.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN?
Students will gain an insight into the history of the field of psychology, explore major theories and research of prominent psychologists and researchers. Students will learn biological factors that influence the individual, explore the brain and cognitive abilities that aid in sensation and perception and the various ways in which we learn. You will learn what is intelligence and the various psychometric tests available to test intelligence. Students will learn various personality theories and personality tests. In psychotherapy, students will learn the fundamental theories and skills of counselling. They will be introduced to the various components of counselling such as questioning and responding skills. Students will understand the professionalism and ethical principles of being a therapist. Students will further learn the fundamentals of mental illness.
1. Foundation Psychology
2. Introduction to Positive Psychology
3. Developmental Psychology
4. Introduction to Psychotherapy and Counselling
5. Abnormal Psychology
6. Addictions and Interventions
7. Family and Marital Counselling
8. Group Counselling
9. Psychotherapy Practice and Ethics
- 12 months, part-time (Jan, Apr, Jul & Oct intake)
- Diploma holder from Polytechnic or recognised PEI, or
- 2 GCE ‘A’ Level H2 passes, or
- Certificate in Psychology and/or Counselling from TSPP or other recognised PEI with:
- At least C6 in any GCE ‘O’ level subject conducted in English, or
- ITE NITEC; or
- 30 years old with at least 8 years working experience
- Applicants with minimum 2 years working experience and holding either:
- 5 GCE ‘O’ Level passes with minimum grade of C6, or
- ITE Higher NITEC
ENGLISH LANGUAGE REQUIREMENT
- GCE ‘O’ level English language grade 1 to 6, or
- Grade E in any GCE ‘A’ level subject conducted in English, or
- Pass TSPP English Placement test, or
- IELTS 5.5 or equivalent
- SGD 8,560 w/GST
Assignments, role-plays and examination
Speak to us and find out! +65 6884 5161 / 6884 5162 / 6884 5177 firstname.lastname@example.org