Existential Psychotherapy for Practitioners (3-day programme)
You will learn how existential psychotherapy uses philosophical ideas to underpin its understandings of the human predicament, conflicts, paradoxes and transcendence. Through the lens of the therapeutic intention and their application in the therapeutic session, a translation of these philosophical ideas are seen.
Is someone suffering from existential isolation or depression? This course develops the practitioner’s ability to differentiate between existential and mental health crisis. Learn to view values, conflicts and predicaments through an existential framework of ideas, and to seek meaning, transcendence and personal discovery.
Existential principles can be applied directly in therapy, or as a complementary to other approaches. As an existentially-aware therapist, know how to have existential conversations with clients. Explore these dilemmas with clients and check in with their existential awareness by differentiating and identifying resources that can help them to navigate through their dilemma.
This 3-day intensive course in Existential Psychotherapy will:
- Unpack the importance of the statement: we can only ‘take’ our clients as far as we have ‘journeyed’.
- Explore the ways in which the texture of our ‘presence’ (internal experiences, understandings, interventions) in the therapy room reflects our level of awareness, our private existential habits and our own capacity to transcend.
- Introduce existential philosophical ideas about the human predicament, conflicts, paradoxes and transcendence and discuss their application in the therapeutic session.
- Help crystallise key tenets of Existential Psychotherapy and illustrate how to identify and how to work with ‘existential givens’ in clients’ ‘problems of living’.
- Showcase the benefits of seeing the human capacity to change as inherently and unavoidably existential. As such, if client and practitioner collaborate to identify and understand ‘existential moments’, as and when these occur, then confrontation, negotiation and ultimately growth can be enabled, can be enriched.
- Subsequently, optimise self-realisation and a shift towards more authentic and meaningful living for the client.
Date: 24-26 Aug 2019 (Sat-Mon)
Award: Certificate in Existential Psychotherapy Practice
Please call 6884 5161 or WhatsApp 8792 0415 should you need more clarifications.
S$2675 w/GST for Existential Psychotherapy for Practitioners
10% Early Bird – Valid till 15 July 2019
10% Discount for APACS members / Local & Overseas Students (present valid ID or student pass for verification)
The School of Positive Psychology 100 Orchard Road #03-20/21,
Concorde Hotel & Shopping Mall S(238840)
Nearest MRT stations: Somerset MRT / Dhoby Ghaut MRT
About the Speaker: Professor Aneta D. Tunariu
Dr Aneta is a Chartered Psychologist with the British Psychological Society, Professor of Applied Psychology and the Dean of a pioneering School of Psychology in London, UK. Aneta is active in the national and international arenas through her work as a seasoned lecturer, researcher, consultant and practitioner. Her overarching specialism is the development and implementation of Psychological Interventions that are underpinned by Existential Philosophy and its translation into psychological and therapeutic practice.