DATE 25 & 26 APR 2020 | 9AM – 5PM
LOCATION THE SCHOOL OF POSITIVE PSYCHOLOGY
When was the last time you incorporated mindfulness in your life?
In this 2-day Mindfulness Psychology course, learn about the neuroscience of mindfulness, and how to set up a mindfulness practice for yourself.
What is mindfulness?
Mindfulness is the basic human ability to be fully present, aware of where we are and what we’re doing, and not overly reactive or overwhelmed by what’s going on around us. It is becoming an increasingly popular approach to holistic health, wellness, and thriving for individuals and institutions.
A growing body of scientific research suggests that cultivating mindfulness can robustly enhance cognitive, emotional, physical, spiritual, and social wellbeing.
Equip yourself with both theoretical and experiential understanding of mindfulness psychology. Grounded in the assumption that effective mindfulness facilitation requires maintaining a personal mindfulness wellness, and thriving practice, this workshop will emphasize hands-on learning of mindfulness techniques so that you can authentically guide yourself and others on a long-term path of mindfulness.
A Certificate in Mindfulness Psychology will be awarded upon completion of this workshop.
IN THIS COURSE, YOU WILL:
– Learn about the history, branches, and present state of mindfulness psychology
– Debunk myths and misconceptions about mindfulness
– Practice effectively communicating the benefits of mindfulness
– Explore the relationship between mindfulness and (positive) psychology
– Experience a variety of both formal and informal mindfulness practices
– Explore how to start, sustain, and deepen mindfulness practices (and how to coach others to do this)
– Learn how to overcome the most common barriers to mindfulness
– Consider how to apply mindfulness, for yourself and with others
– Practice specific exercises and techniques to lead mindful experiences with others, including how to lead a guided meditation
– Develop and receive tools and resources to help you build your skills in applying mindfulness with yourself and with others.
About the Speaker:
Deborah Thurley: Positive Psychology Coach
Deborah holds a Masters of Applied Positive Psychology, and is a graduate of The School of Positive Psychology Postgraduate Diploma in Positive Organisational Psychology and Leadership (PGDPOPL) programme. She is a qualified meditation and mindfulness trainer and lecturer with many years of teaching and mentoring experience, offering established mindfulness workshops and tailored mindfulness programs to organizations, institutions and schools. Deborah also teaches mindful yoga to adults and youth. She is an engaging and experienced instructor, and her teaching style is clear and concise. She lives, works and celebrates in Singapore.
This course will be held online in lieu of the Covid-19 situation.
To register or enquire on our Mindfulness Psychology e-workshop, please contact us:
(T) +65 6884 5161 / 5177
( E) email@example.com
“The present moment is filled with joy and happiness. If you are attentive, you will see it.” – Thich Nhat Hanh