“Toys are children’s words and play is their language” – Garry Landreth
How is play being utilised in play therapy? When children play, do you observe them and make sense of their developmental progress and emotions?
More than just about everyday play sessions, play therapy is an intentional way for trained therapists to observe children and see meaning to their play, rather than brush it off as a trivial activity.
Adults too, can benefit from play therapy as a healing modality to discover themselves better.
In this experiential play therapy session, participants will experience a simple hands-on play directive to gain a preliminary understanding of how play therapists utilise the process of play to achieve therapeutic goals.
All play therapy materials will be provided. No prior play therapy experience is required to participate in this interactive session.
Find out how we can use play therapy to help children and ourselves!
In this experiential play therapy session, you will discover:
- How play has shaped our behavior when we were younger, and reflect how play affects us in how we perceive the world – whether we see it as a fun or stressful place.
- How to use play in a more intentional and informed way, to observe and understand how children use play to relate to themselves and others.
- The hidden benefits of play, and how play therapy can be used for healing, expression and self-discovery.
The talk will be followed by the Course Preview of Child Psychology programmes.
What is the course preview about?
This is an opportunity for anyone interested in TSPP’s courses to learn more about the course structure, career pathways and entry requirements.
After a presentation by our consultant, attendees will be able to participate in a Q&A session, and learn more about admissions procedures.
9 Mar 2023 (Thu)
7.30-8.15pm – Hands-on Therapeutic Play Experience
8.15- 8.30pm – Q&A
8.30-9.00pm – Course Preview: Child Psychology programmes
Fee: S$16.20 w/GST
Venue: The School of Positive Psychology
61 Stamford Road, #01-09
Child Psychology Courses:
- Diploma in Child Psychology and Interventions
- Certificate In Special Needs Education
- Certificate in Introduction to Art Therapy
- Professional Certificate in Clinical Applications of Art in Psychotherapy
- Certificate in Introduction to Play Therapy
- Professional Certificate in Clinical Applications of Play Therapy
- Postgraduate Diploma in Psychotherapy and Counselling (Children and Adolescents Specialism)
We welcome everyone who is interested in child and adolescent psychology, and ways to help bring out the best in others to join us for this preview session.
If you would like to know more about Positive Psychology and Psychotherapy programmes or the preview, sign up via the form below or contact us at email@example.com
About the Speaker: Lim Shen Yong
– Master of Social Work, National University of Singapore
– Certified Interplay Practitioner, Play Therapy Australia
– Certificate in Child-Centred Play Therapy, Play Therapy Australia
– Certificate in Sandplay Therapy and Symbol Work, Expressive Therapies Institute of Australia
In the past 10 years, Lim Shen Yong has worked extensively with children, youths and families on various issues such as school refusal, substance use, underage smoking and mobile gaming. He utilises play therapy to support children and youths to work on their issues and facilitate growth. Lately, he focuses on coaching parents in engaging in mindful play with their children at home which helps to foster positive parent-child relationships by being empathetic, sensitive and empowering the child.
Shen Yong firmly believes that adopting different play techniques is key in engaging children and youths who are less verbal to express their thoughts and feelings, and it helps facilitate conversation to achieve healing and realisation.
Besides helping clients through play therapy, Shen Yong loves to cycle and is an avid gardener, having gained plenty of realisations and awareness through gardening.
We welcome everyone who is interested in child psychology, children and adolescents’ mental health, or helping to bring out the best in others to join us for this information session.
If you would like to know more about Child Psychology and Psychotherapy programmes or the preview, fill in the registration form below or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that we do not provide certificates for this course preview. We do provide certificates for our academic programmes, which you can check out here.
“One year from now, you’ll wish you started today.”