POSTGRADUATE CERTIFICATE IN
POSTGRADUATE CERTIFICATE IN POSITIVE EDUCATION OVERVIEW
The Postgraduate Certificate in Positive Education has been developed in response to the global recognition for the need to invest in the mental, social and emotional wellbeing of students. The World Federation for Mental Health (2012) has declared that mental illnesses such as depression are growing at alarming rates across the world, with a higher rate of onset during adolescence. Mental illness has a detrimental effect not only on wellbeing, but also correlates with academic outcomes such as lower grades, higher absence and drop-out rates which can lead to long term repercussions.
Positive education aims to address this by promoting the simultaneous teaching of academic skills, as well as laying the foundation for building wellbeing as a sustainable life-long resource (Seligman & Adler, 2019).
The Postgraduate Certificate in Positive Education is a programme that equips educators to understand the science of wellbeing and how it can be applied to education settings, for improved wellbeing at a large-scale. It allows students to gain knowledge through the understanding of positive psychology and its application to the education context. Positive education combines traditional education principles with the study of wellbeing, flourishing and resilience.
Participants will examine existing positive education curricula and learn about topics such as wellbeing, emotional literacy, resilience education and strengths. Students will learn through content, but also practise how to apply the skills in real-life situations. By the end of the module, students will be capable of critically assessing positive education programmes and developing positive education interventions that is fit for their educational context.
Teacher-Student Ratio: 1:20
This programme is suitable for educators, thought leaders in the education industry, people who are interested in making a difference in educational systems, administrators working in schools, school counsellors, and people who wish to improve wellbeing in students
Industry applications include:
- Creating positive education interventions for personal and professional contexts
- Demonstrating research and practical tools with their students or in their school
- Enhancing skills that can lead to the strengthening of well-being, resilience, grit and strengths of students
- Implementing existing positive education frameworks
- Exemplifying importance and key benefits of Positive Education
- Showcasing conceptual theories that enable wellbeing and resilience in the classroom context
Postgraduate Certificate in Positive Education course modules
- Applied Positive Psychology (prerequisite) (Trainer: Jana Dawson)
- Resilience Training for Practitioners (prerequisite) (Trainer: Tan Su-San)
- Positive Education (Trainer: Prof. Ilona Boniwell)
• Bachelor of Education or equivalent degree from a recognised university (with bridging modules GPSY 02 Introduction to Positive Psychology and GPSY 05 Resilience Training), or
• A Graduate Diploma in Applied Positive Psychology from TSPP*
english language REQUIREMENTS
- Pass in GCE ‘O’ Level English Language, or
- Pass in any GCE ‘A’ Level subject conducted in English, or
- IELTS 5.5, or
- TOEFL (Internet Based) 59, or
- Pearson PTE Academic 52
• Completed application form
• Completed application statement
• 1 recent passport-sized photo
• 1 photocopy of NRIC or Singapore valid pass
• Updated resume
• Educational certificates and academic transcripts
• Application fee: SGD 162.00 w/GST
• Lectures and seminars
• Class presentations
• Group discussions
• Case studies
• Role plays
• Online discussions
• Step 1: Pre-course interview with course supervisor
• Step 2: Write a 500-word application statement
Postgraduate Certificate in Positive Education
- SGD 7,344.00 w/GST
1,922.40 w/GST (per bridging module)
- 3 months
Wondering if this is the right course for you?
Send us an enquiry below and our educational consultants will be in touch or click here to Whatsapp us.