Applied psychology will be focusing on the use of different psychological methods and scientific principles to solve practical, real world problems pertaining to human behavior and experience. It is practical, realistic and forms the foundation to further specialization in more specific fields like sports, clinical, counselling, industrial, educational psychology.
Psychotherapy aims to provide learners with effective skills to conduct upon psychotherapy understanding and techniques, as well as to understand how psychotherapy and counselling can be implemented in other areas of development such as personal life, relationships, workplace and family.
This course lays the foundation for the theoretical and applied knowledge that gives learners an insight into the dynamics of the human mind and behaviour. The course covers foundational modules for learners to acquire a wide reaching background of psychology that can be applied for use in daily work and play.
The course will be taught in a learning culture where learners, psychologists and practitioners can share and learn from each other. With this commitment and efficient educational space, our learners can be transformed to applied psych-opinionated leaders and effective counsellors.
- Foundation Psychology
- Introduction to Positive Psychology
- Developmental Psychology
- Introduction to Psychotherapy and Counselling
- Family and Marital Counselling
- Group Counselling
- Abnormal Psychology
- Addictions and Interventions
- Positive Emotions and Thoughts
- Social Psychology
- Psychotherapy Practice and Ethics
12 months, part time (Intakes in Jan, Apr, Jul, Oct)
- Diploma holder from Polytechnic or recognised PEI, or
- 2 GCE ‘A’ Level H2 passes with either KI or GP, or
- Certificate in Psychology and/or Counselling from TSPP or other recognised PEI, or
- Mature students with minimum 2 years working experience holding either:
- 5 GCE ‘O’ Level credits with minimum C6 grade in English or equivalent
- ITE Higher NITEC
Assignments, role-plays, presentations, discussions, examination
Speak to us and find out!
+65 6884 5162
+65 6884 5177
We promise to contact you soonest within 1 working day