If you are the type of person who finds satisfaction in helping others as a career, by volunteering or just by helping friends and family, this course will equip you with the necessary skills to successfully conduct therapy.
The course aims to educate students of psychological and counselling theories and techniques and more importantly, to enable students to develop skills needed to work on a one-to-one basis with people in need of help, guidance and support.
You will be taught counselling and psychotherapy techniques, skills and models necessary for personal awareness and for the professional treatment of clients. You will learn how to deal with the past, present, and future, how to work with stress and anxiety, relationship issues, anger, personal growth and development. Additionally, the course will introduce several significant areas that individuals and society face such as addictions, family and marital issues. You will be guided by a supervisor to effectively and professionally use the tools and techniques by having students apply it through active learning.
This program will give students a head start in pursuing further studies and by adding to their existing qualifications and experience by being able to apply psychological, counselling and psychotherapy principles to individual, social and organisational matters.
- Foundation Psychology
- Introduction to Positive Psychology
- Developmental Psychology
- Introduction to Psychotherapy and Counselling
- Family and Marital Counselling
- Group Counselling
- Abnormal Psychology
- Addictions and Interventions
- Psychotherapy Practice and Ethics
12 months, part time (Intakes in Jan, Apr, Jul, Oct)
- Diploma holder from Polytechnic or recognised PEI, or
- 2 GCE ‘A’ Level H2 passes with either KI or GP, or
- Mature students with minimum 2 years working experience holding either:
- 5 GCE ‘O’ Level credits with minimum C6 grade in English or equivalent
- ITE Higher NITEC
SGD 7,704 w/GST
Assignments, role-plays, presentations, discussions, examination
Speak to us and find out!
+65 6884 5161 / 6884 5162 / 6884 5177
We promise to contact you soonest within 1 working day