INTRODUCTION TO PLAY THERAPY
CERTIFICATE IN INTRODUCTION TO PLAY THERAPY
Play therapy is an evidence-based clinical therapy that has been show to help children and adolescents:
• Become more responsible for behaviours and develop creative successful strategies.
• Develop respect and acceptance of self and others.
• Nurture child’s self-esteem and sense of self-worth.
• Learn to experience, express and regulate emotions.
• Learn new social skills and relational skills with family.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- The theoretical knowledge and framework in the use of play therapy
- Through experiential learning, participants would be able to gain understanding of the use of various play therapy techniques with different groups of children and needs
- Gain practical exposure and practise the use of play therapy techniques
Introduction to Play Therapy
The language of play is a powerful therapeutic medium to help adults understand children and how they make sense of the world.
Children communicate through the use of play. Through play, they discover their interests, acquire cognitive, motor, speech, language, and social-emotional skills, develop and practise problem-solving skills, and explore interactions with people around them.
In this module, gain introductory knowledge on how children learn about the world around them and how to interact in their environment through the use of play.
Student-Teacher Ratio: 1:40
3 months, part time
- Minimum 1 GCE ‘O’ Level credit, or
- A pass for ITE NITEC course in any field, or
- Mature candidates (≥ 30 years old with 8 years work experience)
English language requirement:
- Pass in GCE ‘O’ Level English Language, or
- Pass in any GCE ‘A’ Level subject conducted in English, or
- IELTS 5.5, or
- TOEFL (Internet Based) 59, or
- Pearson PTE Academic 52
SGD 1,674 w/GST
Wondering if this is the right course for you?
Send us an enquiry and our educational consultants will be in touch: