GRADUATE DIPLOMA IN
PSYCHOTHERAPY AND COUNSELLING
GRADUATE DIPLOMA IN PSYCHOTHERAPY AND COUNSELLING
Psychotherapy and counselling are general terms for interpersonal and relational intervention of treating mental and emotional disorders by engaging clients to vocalize their condition and related issues with a mental health professional.
Psychotherapists employ a range of techniques focusing on experiential relationship building, communication and behaviour modification. This often includes alleviation of distress, an increase in individual sense of well being and reduction of subjective discomforting experiences. All these are designed to improve the mental health of a client, or to improve group relationships.
This course aims to equip students with theoretical counselling and psychotherapy skills. Students will be taught talk therapy techniques such as Solution Focused Brief Therapy (SFBT) and Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT). These psychotherapy and counselling techniques can be also be applied to areas for personal development, relationships, workplace and family.
Apart from the counselling and psychotherapy theories and techniques, students will learn the emerging science of positive psychology and it’s applications to mental health and well-being.
Teacher-Student Ratio: 1: 40
- Applications of Psychology (Trainer: Lim Kok Kwang)
- Applied Positive Psychology (Trainer: Jana Dawson)
- Introduction to Counselling, Psychotherapy and Coaching (Trainer: Laurence Ho)
- Introduction to Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) (Trainer: Lam Chee Kum)
- Psychotherapy Practice and Ethics (Trainer: Lam Chee Kum)
- A recognised Bachelor Degree holder from any discipline, or
- Diploma holder from Polytechnic with minimum 5 years working experience can be considered on a case-by-case basis
english language REQUIREMENT
- GCE ‘O’ level English language grade 1 to 6, or
- Grade E in any GCE ‘A’ level subject conducted in English, or
- Pass TSPP English Placement test, or
- IELTS 5.5 or equivalent
- SGD 9,523 w/GST