PROFESSIONAL DIPLOMA IN
PROFESSIONAL DIPLOMA IN PSYCHOTHERAPY
Psychotherapy is a general term for interpersonal and relational intervention of treating mental and emotional disorders by engaging clients to vocalise their condition and related issues with a mental health professional. Psychotherapists employ a range of techniques focusing on experiential relationship building, communication, and behaviour modification. This often includes alleviation of distress, an increase in individual sense of well-being, and reduction of subjective discomforting experiences.
The course is committed to educating students on different disciplines of psychology and psychotherapy applications, as well as promoting specialised training for students who are keen to practice psychotherapy professionally and independently. The course is designed to train students in the three types of therapy approaches that psychologists, counsellors, and psychotherapists use to conduct therapy sessions. They are Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Solution Focused Brief Therapy (SFBT), and Hypnotherapy. Students will also be taught the ethical aspects of counselling such as client confidentiality.
Graduates of the course will be eligible for membership with the National Council of Psychotherapists, UK (NCP) upon fulfilment of 120 practicum hours, and membership with the Association of Psychotherapists and Counsellors (Singapore) with the fulfilment of additional clinical supervision hours.
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Solution Focused Brief Therapy (SFBT)
- Clinical Hypnotherapy
- Psychotherapy Practice and Ethics
- A recognised Bachelor Degree in Psychology or Counselling, or
- Diploma in Psychotherapy and Counselling from TSPP, or
- Graduate Diploma in Psychotherapy & Counselling from TSPP with bridging modules (PSY 03, PSY 05 and PSY 07)
english language REQUIREMENT
- GCE ‘O’ level English language grade 1 to 6, or
- Grade E in any GCE ‘A’ level subject conducted in English, or
- Pass TSPP English Placement test, or
- IELTS 5.5 or equivalent
Speak to us and find out! +65 6884 5161 / 6884 5162 / 6884 5177 firstname.lastname@example.org