Many think that resilience is about endurance, toughing it out alone, or simply looking on the bright side. But these misconceptions of resilience may end up undermining your wellbeing.
Resilience is the ability of an individual to cope with and adapt positively to adversity. Essential for wellbeing, success and happiness, it is just as important to know how to use Resilience effectively in your unique context without burning out.
In this talk + course preview, Positive Psychology Consultant and lecturer Jana Dawson debunks the myths of resilience, and guides you on how to assess whether you are overusing or underusing your coping strategies.
Join us in this session, where you will:
- Gain a deeper understanding of how to face challenges with strength
- Learn how to assess your resilience use to prevent burnout
- Discover strategies to cultivate resilience in a way that works for you
The talk will be followed by the Course Preview of Positive Psychology programmes.
What is the course preview about?
This is an opportunity for anyone interested in TSPP’s courses to learn more about the course structure, career pathways and entry requirements.
After a presentation by our consultant, attendees will be able to participate in a Q&A session, and learn more about admissions procedures.
20 Oct 2021, Wed
7:30pm – 8:15pm – How to Prevent Resilience Burnout: Online Talk + Preview
8:15pm – 8:45pm – Course Preview: Positive Psychology programmes
8:45pm – 9:00pm – Q&A
Our Positive Psychology Courses:
- Diploma in Applied Positive Psychology
- Diploma in Psychology and Positive Psychology
- Graduate Diploma in Applied Positive Psychology
- Postgraduate Diploma in Positive Organisational Psychology and Leadership
- Specialist Diploma in Positive Psychology and Wellbeing (Online)
About the Speaker: Jana Dawson
– Positive Psychology Expert
– MSc Applied Positive Psychology
– Postgraduate Diploma in Positive Organisational Psychology and Leadership
– Director of Academic and Training Development
Jana’s multidisciplinary background in organisational and intercultural communication, positive psychology, coaching and mindfulness has fashioned her expertise in developing and delivering evidence based, culturally applicable programmes in numerous organisational contexts.
As a positive psychology practitioner, Jana is an advocate of a strengths-based approach in guiding individuals, teams and organisations to develop positive behaviours that cultivate resilient and flourishing organisations.
We welcome everyone who is interested in psychology, positivity, or helping to bring out the best in others to join us for this preview session. If you would like to know more about Positive Psychology, other programmes or the preview, fill in the registration form below or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
“One year from now, you’ll wish you started today.”